Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Default Combi Boiler hot water problem

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:31:57 +0000, someone here wrote:

I have a Worcester/Bosch 24CDi combi boiler, fitted in 2000 it has been
trouble free ever since.
This week I have a problem with the hot water supply.
Cehtral Heating is fine.
Boiler is fitted upstairs in the old airing cupboard.
The boiler feeds hot water taps in the bathroom sink and bath (same floor)
It also feeds a hot water pipe into the washing machine (downstairs)
All three of these work correctly, turn on the tap and the boiler fires up,
you get hot water.

The problem is with the kitchen sink.
Turn on the tap and nothing! Boiler doesn't light. No hot water.

Where do I start looking?
Thermistor?
Sensor?

Is the flow rate to the kitchen sink tap less than the others?
What is the flow rate in litres/min ? The boiler should fire certainly
with 4 litres/minute flowing.

If the boiler is becoming insensitive to DHW flow then the culprit is
almost certain to the be the DHW flow diaphragm on the end of the diverter
valve.