Posted to misc.consumers.house
Alan Sung

Default Help choosing a quiet oven? Are there any?

"central_scrutinizer" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ask the Gentle Giant. He knows all!

No, but seriously... I think all of the convection ovens are a bit
noisy. I prefer to go medeival and roast wild boar on the spit in my
backyard while listening to Genesis...

I recently installed QuietRock, which is a sheet rock product designed
to cut down on sound transmission. Maybe you could install that in
between the oven and the cabinetry? Maybe not...

It's not the convection fan that is noisy. What makes the most noise is the
fan to keep the digital electronics cool. From an engineer's perspective,
putting digital electronics on top of a 400-500 degree oven doesn't make
much sense.

-al sung
Rapid Realm Technology, Inc.
Hopkinton, MA