\PrecisionMachinisT\

Default How do you adjust the cutter bit on Aloris Tool Holders

"michael" wrote in message
PrecisionMachinisT wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
How is the degree above centerline adjusted on Aloris type quick
change tool holders? Do you just adjust the toolholder and then the
toolbit is say... 5 degress above centerline but is still
perpendicular to the ways?I am asking because I am getting ready to
buy one after everyones suggestions and on the lantern type you set
the 5 degrees above centerline for mild steel by adjusting the tool
holder in the post with the rocker. This puts the tool at an angle to
the ways. Does it make a difference as long it is the proper amount of
degrees above center line for the material being cut whether it is
perpendicular or at an angle? It seems that perpendicular would be
much more beneficial. Thanks for any help. -Steve

Steve,

The most common setup is to simply put the tool tip on center, and if

any
top rakes are desired the tool topside of the toolbit is ground to suit.

As to the brazed toolbits, they are just put on center and the top rakes

are
zero, unless the tool is designed with built-in rake......

Now with all that said :

========

( BEGIN SELF LESS SALES PLUG )

We had made up quite a few of the BXA 2 style holders in our shop during
slow times to sell on ebay and I got maybe 30 or so left.....I just

mainly
got tired of all the hassle of dealing with the paperwork and emails

ect.
involved with the ebay sales.......

Very nice tools and CNC machined on critical areas with light surface

grind
elsewhere for appearance.......4130 American steel....The finish is hot

oil
and they are NOT hardened.....

I think she has em listed for 22 bucks each plus shipping......

We have sold close to a hundred of em over the last couple years and so

far
not had a single complaint....

I know at least a couple folks on this board have purchased from us and
likely there are others as well-- Im not gonna get into name
dropping.......let em step up to the plate if they like and give a frank
assessment of the quality on their own accord if they feel so

inclined......

Anyways......

If anyone is interested drop me an email if you want more info....

Oh, and heres a hotlink to a ( admittedly not so great ) photo :

http://www.kalamaprecision.com/gallery/Tool%20Post.jpg

Note:

These are the only style we have--but anyone familiar with using the

system
knows the straight holder is the one it seems you always wish you had

more
of G

--

SVL

Only 30 left? Instead of a testimonial, maybe I can get you to send me a

couple
more? I'll email addy if you don't still have it.

michael

Thanks, Michael.

I will have her ship em out, she probly has the address on file.

--

SVL