Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Smith

Default Replacing electric water heater filament

I just don't like using them. Yes, I know how to use them but I still have
an aversion in poking bits of pointy metal in live electrical things.

It was the timer - power was getting to it and the output light to the
boiler was indicating things were OK but they weren't. Yes, a multimeter
would have spotted this but, heck, I would have had to buy one and I just
don't like them. Fitted a new timer and I immediately could hear the
thermostat coming on.

Oh well, still cheaper than calling out a spark... which would have been my
next action relucantly.

John.

wrote in message
oups.com...

John.

Youre missing something. What you need is a multimeter so you can find
out whats wrong, and not waste all your money replacing bits at random.

NT