Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

Default Replacing electric water heater filament

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:20:51 UTC, "John Smith"
top posted:

Well, I changed the immersion heater with a new one today and it still would
not heat. I then changed the cable to the spec that you suggested and it
still does not work so now I am assuming it is the electrical timer switch.

What about the thermostat?

I assume this is the normal sort of immersion heater that screws into
the cylinder. The thermostat (on all the ones I've seen, anyway) slides
down the middle of a tube in the heater, and is connected into the
heater circuit.

a) Did you change the thermostat too?
b) [wild thought, please don't be insulted] Did you change the
thermostat, thinking it was the heater?