Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.

Default Paint flaking off foundation

I am painting my single story house in Southern California. It is a slab and
foundation construction.

The walls are stucco and are painted white. The concrete foundation, which
extends about 8" above ground, was also painted white with latex paint.

The paint on the foundation keeps flaking off in some areas. There is no
visible moisture on the concrete where the paint is spalling. There is no
visible efflorescence.

I suspect this problem is cause by some kind of moisture interaction between
the paint and the foundation concrete.

I have to scrape and repaint the foundation every few years.

Can I use a special paint or coating on the foundation that will prevent the
paint from flaking off?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net