Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Home phone wiring

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:10:50 GMT, "mgarvie"
wrote:

I wouldn't just pigtail all the phone lines in my house together and then
tie it into the phone company?

Why not?

The NID I am acquainted with has just two jacks, and the second is for
a second phone number.

I don't know how you could splice multiple wires on the same number
together at the NID when you could do it inside the house.

BTW, they did install a NID for free even if the person had no other
need for service, in Baltimore, 10 or 15 years ago. I don't remember
if that was before Verizon was in charge here or not. I expect they
did it when they had someone driiving by anyhow.