Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB

Default Home phone wiring

mgarvie wrote:
I was getting ready to run some wires for the new bedrooms in my basement
and went outside to locate the Network Interface Device to see where to hook
up the phone lines. Wasn't there. Looked all over and only found a small
terminal in my basement that was made before I was born. I'm using Vonage
hooked up to my computer now but wanted to have the house wired for regular
phone service. What do I put between the phone company and my phone system?
I wouldn't just pigtail all the phone lines in my house together and then
tie it into the phone company?

I use vonage too. Its wired into the line in the basement. I hooked it
up to the main set of phone lines and it runs all the phones in the
house. Which are cordless so its not much of a load.

The box on the outside is installed by the phone company but I don't
know if they will install it if you are not ordering service. If you
order DSL they will install a good one

Just tie your vonage line into the central line in the basement and
disconnect that line from the one coming in from outside. easiest way
is to just backfeed it into any local phone outlet (once you disconnect
the outside feed)

I disconnected mine on the inside and in the box outside.

--
Thank you,