Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble

Default Knot-free skirting boards, door linings, cill boards and architraves

Cordless Crazy wrote:
Where can I buy knot-free skirting boards, door linings, cill boards and
architraves in soft wood, or is this not posible?

Am planning to varnish/stain it all to a similar medium oak colour to
match the floor, without going to the extent of buying solid oak items
(cost is one reason!). Plus I want it to match the stair handrail
already fixed in sortwood.

I dont fancy a whole array of knots visible as you get from the typical
gear from B&Q etc.

Any ideas, cheap sources in SE England/London or guidance?

Any decent timber merchant should have *relatively* (i.e. relative to
the sheds) knot free softwood and, with luck, you can lose the bigger
ones in the cutting.
Champions are not bad if you have a branch nearby.