Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
trg-s338

Default Wiring my Marathon motor

I have a Marathon catalog number Z506 electric motor, 5HP, 220V single
phase that I adapted on to my 80 gallon air compressor that had an old
2HP 3 phase motor. My house has 220V 50A
single phase circuit available to me. What do I need to wire it to my
house considering safety and reliability issues? Need breakers,
contactors, capacitors? A wiring diagram recommendation would be
extremely useful. I used to rough wire housing tracts but I have not
worked with an electric motor in such an "industrial" type application.
Help!