Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default easement vs ownership

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:22:46 -0500, someone wrote:

That was what I figured to be. I wondered why the builder/develop
stated clearly that my drive way is on my neighbor's easement but county
included the area in my overall lot footage.

Cuz they made a mistake?

Cuz for valuation purposes they felt the value was the same as if you
owned it outright (being that you own the use of it)?

What did they say when you asked them? (And if you haven't asked
them, why ask US to explain why THEY did something????)