michael

Default Disaster - Mufflers & quiet

Carl Byrns wrote:

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 12:08:31 -0700, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
wrote:

Absolutely true, an experience learned when I built the boat generator. I
used an 8 horse Kohler electric start engine, which I converted to a water
cooled engine by machining a new head and installing a stainless band around
the cooling fins after major alteration on a rotary table. The engine ran
much quieter once converted to water cooling.

Harold

Harold, do you have any pictures of your conversion?
I've though about doing something similar but keeping the valve area
cool looks to be a cast-iron bitch.

-Carl

Pictures. Post pictures Harold. Please? I have also thought of doing a gen that I
have here at the shop. That, and an auger.g

michael