Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

Default Has anyone repaired cordless tool batteries

wrote in
:

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 12:08:38 -0500, Jeff Wisnia

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 10:37:18 -0600,
(m Ransley)
wrote:

right bubba, Raise health care costs, jeese, and what will happen,
exactly nothing. Disposable, yes look at the price charged, where do
you think the high profit items are when a battery costs more than
the tool. Sealed, yes, so HR people have to have special tools or
pay the ripoff charged. Another example, did you ever stop to think
for one moment why a pennies worth of ink in a printer costs 40$,
its called Profit, and thats what batteries are, pure profit.

Yeah, and no one mentioned all the toxic chemicals that are dumped
and eventually work their way into our water wells, our air, and
whereever else. THAT is what really increases the cost of health
care because we are all being poisoned by all this trash.

There is no reason taht these batteries could not have screws and
batteries that are just installed in slots the same way the AA
batteries go in my remote control, and not require soldering.

The same is true for these ink cartridges for printers. I solved
that one. I gave my inkjet printer to a charity store, and I dug
out my old dot matrix printer and pay $10 every 2 years for a
ribbon. I simply refuse to pay for that ink.

You probably know this already, but you can purchase ink for reinking
those ribbons.

I used to do it that way for years, but now just refill my inkjet
cartridges as well as the laser rinter ones at our small business.

Takes but a few moments and saves lots of $$$ every year.

Jeff

Yes, I know that, but from what I have heard, you can only do that 5
to 7 times and then you have to buy a new cartridge, which really
means buying a new printer because the cost of the cartridges are
often more than the cost of a printer that is on sale. I understand
this is particularly true with Lexmark.

Some of those ink-jet cartridges have an integral print-head.
IIRC,Lexmark also includes a chip to prevent refilling the cartridge(which
I would not recommend;I did and it killed the printhead on my Canon BJC-
620,and the cheapo black ink faded to light brown quickly,too.)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik