Posted to alt.home.repair
chattycat

Default burning rubber smell in my home

"Needs Help in Roswell" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have all of a sudden had a burning rubber odor in my dining room. I
had an electrician come out and he assured me that it is not
electrical. I saw a few articles that suggested heater problems. The
odor is actually in the wall on the opposite side of the room from the
heater vent? Any ideas as to what this may be and who I should call?
Any and all advice is welcomed!

Total long shot here but I thought I'd through it out there... I had a
burning rubber odor in my house that took forever to identify. Turned out it
was a bad UV light bulb that was emitting too much ozone. I have a UV light
filter attached to my A/C unit. Any chance you have any UV light bulbs
around? Good luck!