Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Has anyone repaired cordless tool batteries

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 10:37:18 -0600, (m Ransley)
wrote:

right bubba, Raise health care costs, jeese, and what will happen,
exactly nothing. Disposable, yes look at the price charged, where do you
think the high profit items are when a battery costs more than the tool.
Sealed, yes, so HR people have to have special tools or pay the ripoff
charged. Another example, did you ever stop to think for one moment why
a pennies worth of ink in a printer costs 40$, its called Profit, and
thats what batteries are, pure profit.

Yeah, and no one mentioned all the toxic chemicals that are dumped and
eventually work their way into our water wells, our air, and whereever
else. THAT is what really increases the cost of health care because
we are all being poisoned by all this trash.

There is no reason taht these batteries could not have screws and
batteries that are just installed in slots the same way the AA
batteries go in my remote control, and not require soldering.

The same is true for these ink cartridges for printers. I solved that
one. I gave my inkjet printer to a charity store, and I dug out my
old dot matrix printer and pay $10 every 2 years for a ribbon. I
simply refuse to pay for that ink.