Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Default Has anyone repaired cordless tool batteries

m Ransley wrote:

right bubba, Raise health care costs, jeese, and what will happen,
exactly nothing. Disposable, yes look at the price charged, where do you
think the high profit items are when a battery costs more than the tool.
Sealed, yes, so HR people have to have special tools or pay the ripoff
charged. Another example, did you ever stop to think for one moment why
a pennies worth of ink in a printer costs 40$, its called Profit, and
thats what batteries are, pure profit.

Yes, and it's hardly a new idea. When King Gilette brought out the
safety razor he gave them away so people would then buy the blades.

But I do change out the nicad batteries in our Dust Busters when they
"wear out". Those little vacs disassemble with threaded fasteners, and
it's a no brainer to solder in a few tabbed cells from Rat Shack.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)