Ed Huntress

Default Every wanted to see a Chinese production facility?

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message

Ed Huntress wrote:

If anything kills manufacturing in the US, it will be doctrinaire,
conservative free-trade economics.

Fair trade and free trade seem to be completely different things.

Yeah, for starters, free trade is a myth. Fair trade is in the eye of the
beholder. Making trade with France and Germany "fairer" would be good for
everyone. Making trade with China "fairer" would do absolutely nothing at
all.

Strangely those same people who promote "free trade" are deathly afraid
of China.

They know their policies are a crock of baloney; they just haven't faced up
to the implications of it yet. This is not speculation on my part. This is
the result of the research I did for my two articles on China trade earlier
this year.

If we ever do have to fight China we will have to do it with what ever
is on hand because all our production facilities will have moved over
there. That war will not be about oil so much as about computer chips
and machine tools.

You may want to see an article I just wrote about that. It's 5500 words --
make sure you have some spare time. g

It's in the September issue of Machining. I suspect it will be up on the
website within a couple of weeks, if not already.

Ed Huntress