Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default JT 2-1/2 Spindle Chuch replacement

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 19:51:41 -0700, Trevor Jones
wrote:

Norm Dresner wrote:

| Does the chuck have a number stamped on it?
|
| Tom

There's an upper case "C" and "K" separated by a stylized drawing of an
elephant head, ears & trunk and underneath is the size "13 m/m"

Norm

On the strength of that information, I will up my bet to TWO American
nickels.

I seem to recall a similar brand mark that apeared on some India made
chucks. 13 mm is soooooo close to 1/2"

Cheers
Trevor Jones

I agree at this point..with Trevor

The simple way to find out..is to stick any MT2 taper gizmo in it and
see if it fits properly.

Gunner, machine tool mechanic.

- Proverbs 22:3