Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Conway

Default Deburring copper pipe

wrote:
PM wrote:
I bought a deburring tool
(
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=13315) and although there's
only one way it can work - shove it in the pipe, turn - I'm not getting
satisfactory results. The tool does shave off copper, but there is still a
burr. If I continue until there is no burr, I've removed so much copper that
the wall at the cut end of the pipe now tapers from the inside out and is
very thin. In other words the tool removes the 'good' wall of the pipe as
well as the burr.

I've never de-burred pipe after using a wheel cutter. No leaks yet...

MBQ

Don't worry - someone will be along shortly to tell you that your house
is a ticking time bomb and that you'll have leaks everywhere within weeks