Posted to alt.home.repair
louie

Default Drain collapse insurance covered?

Whether or not insurance covers it is something you'll have to check
with your agent and/or policy documentation. I very much doubt it will
cover such a thing, but you can always look. Iron rusts. Rust is
relatively weak. When enough of the iron in the pipe turns to
iron-oxide (rust), it will fail. It could just clog shut (as the iron
supply pipes in my house did in a couple of places), or leak, or both.
It's possible that the rest of the drain piping will eventually fail,
but I wouldn't start tearing up the slab just to replace those pipes.
Either wait for another one to fail or for some other project involving
making holes in your foundation.