Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty

Default Tiles fell off in shower

In article , Ignoramus3408 says...

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:45:02 GMT, wrote:
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:23:33 GMT, Ignoramus15467
wrote:

That's true. I hate doing these sort of jobs (redoing the shower). I
have two kids and the older is very disruptive to doing any sort of
continuous work because a) he only wants to play with me and b) he
always wants to help, which means that I have to watch him not to fall
on stuff and not to glue himself to the wall etc. come up with stuff
for him to do so that he thinks he is helping, and yet does not ruin
anything, etc. 4.5 years old.

I can sympathize ... I have a grand daughter about that age. The
wheels never stop turning.

It's not a particular hard or messy job .... it really means two
days of getting at it ... and a third of finishing up. (That said,
I have a bathroom in our cabin that's been waiting for tile for nearly
a year and a half. I'll procrastinate as soon as I get around to it.
g)

But busted tiles are sharp and drywall edges can hurt small (and
large) hands.

Maybe get a baby sitter? Wait till the kid is at nursery school?
Whatever.

Thanks.. We have a baby sitter, it is not helpful. When my son is at
kindergarten school, I am at work. I cannot do anything for more than
5 minutes continuously because of the kid issue.

Now wait.

I am a single mother who raised my son alone from birth. Even in my case, there
are naptimes; there are after-bedtimes. Even if there aren't neighbors or
relatives willing to take on the child for a day or so. I'm fairly sure you
mentioned a spouse? If so, surely you two can tag-team.

I understand about not being able to do certain things at all with a small child
underfoot. But I can't believe that the small child has to be *always*
underfoot.

Banty