Bob Swinney

Default Compressor Motor: HP v.s. Amps?

OOOOPPPS sorry Dave! My statement should have been that HP is constant from
link to link in a transmission network. It follows that torque by the
equation: Torque = (HP x 5252)/RPM does in fact vary inversely with RPM.

Bob Swinney

Subject: Compressor Motor: HP v.s. Amps?
From: "Bob Swinney"
Date: 03/10/03 20:34 GMT Daylight Time

Bob's first statement

"... RPM varies from link to link because of diameter differences but

torque
is the same everywhere.

Bob's second statement

Guess you missed the math, Dave! Horsepower is passed through each

segment
of a transmission link - RPM varies, torque varies, but HP remains the

same,
discounting frictional losses.

That isn't what you first posted. Whether you meant to say "hp is the same
everywhere" I have no idea but the first statement was categorically

wrong.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (
www.pumaracing.co.uk)
I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish,
unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do

though.