Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default Copper plumbing fittings

Wayne Whitney wrote:
Hello,

For soldering copper pipe/tubing in the 1/2" to 1" range, what is the
proper size gap between the ID of the fitting and the OD of the
pipe/tubing? For example, the ID of 3/4" type L pipe is 0.785", while
the OD of 3/4" type L tube is 0.750"; would this be an acceptable
solder joint, or is 0.035" too big?

I don't understand your question. It sounds like you're asking if the
fittings fit. I've never noticed any appreciable difference between
fittings or pipe sizes. They all seem to fit and I've never had a
problem sweating the joints.

Never put a micrometer on a fitting, though. Why are you asking?