Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Thanks

Default Laminate Flooring, Architraves & Beading

wrote in message
oups.com...

Roger Mills (aka Set Square) wrote:
shahmonger wrote:

snip

You need a very sharp, flexible hand saw, with fairly fine teeth. Use a
piece of scrap laminate as a guide, sliding the saw over the top of this
bit
of scrap - with one hand keeping the cutting bit flat, and the other hand
pulling and pushing on the handle.

Remember if you're using underlay to include that when cutting the
door. Fortunately I remembered just before we started cutting!

snip

Yes, don't use beading at all - it's ultra naff!! Do a *proper* job by
removing the skirting boards, and re-fitting (or replacing) them when the
flooring is down.

I completely agree, at the time I was grumbling about the extra work,
but I'm so glad I did replace the skirting.

I have toyed with doing this but won't it create more work when eventually
you go back to carpet as there will be a big gap below the skirting?