Doug Goncz

Default Self-Reproducing Machine Tools

From: DejaVU

I must say that this is all very intriging Doug.

I'm glad because until I get a reply, I don't even know if the post was
readable, not to mention worth writing.

I'd be happy to
spend year or two with a selection of machines and stock, making
duplicates, or even upgrades.

In theory some pairs of machines and one foundry are all that is required. But
to replicate the jig that holds the stock that end up as a machine part, you
sometimes need a second jig. That's what I've discovered in theory, a sort of
parity law or exclusion principle. Goncz's Postulate: You Need Two of
Everything to Be Able to Make One of Anything.

Anyone with funding?

It has recently become clear that the best funding is available from a machine
tool manufacturer. Once their brand is selected as representing an adequate
range of machines and we select a mill model, lathe model, etc,, we write an
order and ask that it be delivered for research free of charge.

No DARPA funding is required, and no university affiliation for anyone but me,
as this is one of three B.S. projects, either a thesis.

And yes, each pair can be in a different location and may or may not include a
foundry. Ideally, all pairs and a foundry, a stock supply, and a coffe pot in
several thousand square feet of comfortable indoor shop, heated, cooled, and
always dry.

Having each pair in a different location focuses, perhaps too closely, on
in-class reproduction tasks, which could be useful, while all together, there
are more jobs that can be done per day, selecting each from whatever looks
achievable, always knowing that two of everything is / are available, so that
no matter what is picked, work can proceed without delay.

With this, in contrast to a deadline job, we start with the easy stuff first.
Or the lightest stuff in the mass based model.

Yours,

Doug Goncz (at aol dot com)
Replikon Research

Read the RIAA Clean Slate Program Affidavit and Description at
http://www.riaa.org/
I will be signing an amended Affidavit soon.