Doug Goncz

Default Self-Reproducing Machine Tools

From: DejaVU
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworkin

oh yeah, what about combo machines like lathe/mills? still need 2?

The theory is simplified by assuming two of everything, and one's toolbox
should be adequate to the task before any job, so two of each thing to be
replicated, all accessories, but not necessarily two of each operator's tool
unless it becomes appropriate to validate the universality by producing as
output one of each machinist's tool.

also, I'm not sure exactly how many machines you're proposing to work
with to begin your replication. are you saying 'I have 2 lathes so I
can make another, despite not having any other machines'

No, I'm saying that inherently each machine tool is capable of partical
self-replicating, a lathe capable of replicating all its turned parts, a mill
capable of replicating all its milled parts. But for complete replication of
any machine containing milled, lathed, and ground parts, a mill, lathe, and
grinder are needed, but may not be enough if there's for instance, even one
part made with a shaper.

or are you saying, 'given a range of machine tools
(grinder/drill/mill etc), and 2 lathes, I can make another lathe'

2 lathes, 2 mills, 2 cylindrical grinders, 2 surface grinders, and the ability
to add another pair of machines each time an unsupported part is found in any
machine in the system.

ASCII Ribbon campaign against HTML E-Mail - - - - - - -

HTML email can be turned off in some versions of AOL and I think the server is
the source of the box that says "This email contains a picture. Do you still
want to open it?" Some versions of AOL don't even understand HTML email, just
rich text.

I used to use 4, am using 6 now, and 9 is the latest system hogging crap. I'll
probably go back to 4. It was safer.

Yours,

Doug Goncz (at aol dot com)
Replikon Research

Read the RIAA Clean Slate Program Affidavit and Description at
http://www.riaa.org/
I will be signing an amended Affidavit soon.