Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

Default Parts for Old Woodworking Vise

I have an old Columbian Vise (model: 9-R-2) with a bronze release gear
that seems to slip in some locations. Does anyone have a fix for this
problem or a place where you can buy parts for an old vise?

By the way, Columbian is now owned by Wilson Tool and division of WMH
Tool Group (Jet, Powermatic, etc.) and they say they don't have parts.

Thanks

You mean the half nut?

I donno but these folks make the Morgan woodworking vises which should be
very close in design, you could ask them to send you pics of their half nuts just
to see if it is at least close enough: http://www.milwmal.com/home.htm Relate
the size of the vise to them of course.

I asked a machinist about making a copy of mine so I wouldn't wear out the old
one, which is an extremely soft brassy kind of metal... $70 ??? Good grief.

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com