Posted to rec.woodworking
Jeff Heyen

Default Jigsaw & straight cutting in melamine

"mark" wrote in message
I am trying to cut some toekicks out of 5/8" melamine with a jigsaw. I
tried
the cutting guide that came with it and I keep the guide tight and saw
foot
nice and flat but the cut will not follow my straight line made with a
speed
square. I also tried clamping the speed square to the work and using it as
guide for the saw without the guide, keeping the saw's foot tight to the
square and still the blade wanders off course. It is a brand new craftman
top of the line and new bosch blades meant for "fine cutting in wood,
plywood and plastics". Thanks for any tips.

Mark, if you go w/ a Bosch jigsaw, do yourself a favor and get the
Progressor
blades. They make all the difference in how a Bosch jigsaw handles
"problem"
materials.

Jeff