Posted to rec.woodworking
mark

Default Jigsaw & straight cutting in melamine

I am trying to cut some toekicks out of 5/8" melamine with a jigsaw. I tried
the cutting guide that came with it and I keep the guide tight and saw foot
nice and flat but the cut will not follow my straight line made with a speed
square. I also tried clamping the speed square to the work and using it as a
guide for the saw without the guide, keeping the saw's foot tight to the
square and still the blade wanders off course. It is a brand new craftman
top of the line and new bosch blades meant for "fine cutting in wood,
plywood and plastics". Thanks for any tips.