Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo

Default Puddle of water under fridge

rk wrote:
I've got a hotpoint FFA90S fridge freezer. The other day I needed to
move it out of the way so that our builder could knock out a big hole
for a door. Anyway, when I moved the fridge I noticed a fairly large
puddle underneath it which alarmed me!

The innards of the fridge oscillate from freezing to thawing (I think)
so that
excess frost can be melted off the innards and the water is collected
and
channelled away to an evaporator bowl that usually sits on top of the
(warm) compressor at the back of the fridge near the floor.

If the drain pipe from the inside to the outside of the fridge gets
blocked,
water spills out the door of the fridge eventually.

If the evaporator plate is sitting full and you tilt it when moving it
you will
create a recent puddle.

So it might be okay. Keep an eye on it.

Mungo