Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Greg

Default what product to use?

"RB" wrote in message
.. .
I have a 9/16" threaded shaft which screws into a socket. The threaded
shaft seems to be plated with chrome or nickel. The socket seems to be a
stainless or aluminum alloy of some sort. The threaded shaft has "set" in
the socket, and doesn't want to unscrew. As of yet, I don't want to force
it, as I think something would get damaged.

What is the best product to spray onto the joint area and let sit
repeatedly to help loosen the "set" that's been taken?

Does the joint look corroded? or is there evidence of a locking compound
like Loctite or similar.

Greg.