Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills \(aka Set Square\)

Default Myson Heat Loss Program

Lunny wrote:

I thought I'd try calculating some rooms last night. Found the
formula, and have taken into account wall sizes, windows, doors,
U-values, ventilation rate etc but it all seems on the low side the
bedroom was coming out at about 1.4Kw. As an experiment I put a 2kw
electric heater in there for 30 mins and it just managed to heat the
room up.

Did you take air changes into account? That can account for a substantial
extra heating requirement.
--
Cheers,
Roger