Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

Default Murphy Bed - Sliding Wall

"Oleg Lego" wrote in message
I wouldn't care to have anything that heavy hanging. Besides, it's
be hard to hide the mechanism I'd think. I'd say it rolls on wheels.
I'd say use skateboard wheels. Of course, after time, you're gonna get
wheel marks on the floor, but that's easily taken care of - use a little
throw rug to hide 'em. Or, you could have the center split, so it opens
like a double door. That'd take eaither some pretty hefty hinges, or
use wheels again. Or, liskke Usacle says, usethe regular Murphy bed
furniture - could it still be called a Murphy bed if you didn't?

I'm puzzled... wouldn't the unit on the referenced web page use
regular murphy bed hardware, attached to the shelving unit?

Yes I think it does, the sliding shelves are simply an extra mechanism over
and above the Murphy bed hardware. However, for the purpose of replying to
the OP's potential customer, I'd guess the sliding shelf setup as referenced
is not as viable or as desirable as one would first think by looking at the
pictures. It *does* look like a pretty setup though.