Posted to rec.woodworking
Thomas Adams

Default Old bandsaw info

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
Thomas Adams wrote:

I just aquired an old Sears band saw in great shape. I was
wondering if anyone had any info on this model or knew where to
get any info. Sears was less than helpful. Their answer was it is
obsolete, no data in the system. The model is 102.01121 . It runs
great and cuts smooth. Best of all it was free. I would love to
come up with a manual and maybe a parts list. I looks to have a
lot of life left in it if cared for. Thanks in advance for any
help.

Holy cow! Obsolete is right. The thing looks like it was made in 1840!

http://tinyurl.com/8ffa7
http://images.google.com/images?q=102.01121

Does it plug into the wall or do you just hook it up to a mule?

Joe Barta

Mine is in a lot better shape than the ones in the photos. It still has what
appears to be the original motor, not mule. You do have to kick it to get it
going like a mule though.
--
Tom Adams