Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Light switch 3 pole and 2 pole

There are single pole and three way switches. For you to have tripped the
breaker you must have installed one of the "extra" wires onto the ground
terminal. The three way switch that has no power is that way either because
of a tripped breaker or because its corresponding three way switch is in the
position that doesn't send power to it. You need to get a drawing of how
three way switches are wired or hire someone to help you

"helpme" wrote in message
ups.com...
Please help. I just installed two 2 pole light switches in the bedroom
(they should have been 3 pole). When I went to turn on the power it
tripped a breaker so I knew it was not right. I looked online and
found I should have bought two 3 pole switches, so I went to HD and got
2 of them. Now they are both installed, but I am unable to turn on the
light. When I tested with a multimeter I found only one switch has
power going to it while the other has none. Anyone have a clue what
happened? Did I 'fry' the wires? What do I do now?