Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Thrasher

Default Thermostat question.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
How recently did you buy it? A couple of degrees is normal, but that is out
of tolerance. Can you return it?

About 2 weeks ago. It's not that important that it be accurate, only
that it works. I pretty much ignore the temperature readings on them,
who knows how accurate that little thermometer is anyhow, and set by
comfort level. I probably could return it...but for the effort it's
just not worth it - taking a $12.99 thermostat off the wall, driving 2
miles to the store, having a nice discussion with them, getting another,
driving 2 miles back home, and re-installing it.

I was hoping someone would have a simple way to recalibrate it, I've
looked at both the unit and installation instructions and don't see anyway.