Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB

Default What Adhesive To Hold Chair Leg Dowels Back Into Place ?

WConner wrote:
"I've switched to Gorilla Glue for that application and I'm sold on it.

I too tried several different wood glues and two part epoxy finally using
Gorilla Glue which has held up so far.

I might add that wood "comes and goes" with changes in humidity especially
in the winter in homes with forced air heat and no humidity control. Wood
glues and epoxy dry hard with no give while Gorilla Glue is tough, strong
but does remain somewhat pliable thus not pulling away with swrinkage, my
opinoin anyway.

Walt Conner

Gorilla Glue makes several wood glues. The properties depend on which
one you buy. Wood glue is actually good for glueing wood.

--
Thank you,