Posted to alt.home.repair
No

Default What Adhesive To Hold Chair Leg Dowels Back Into Place ?

Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Have a pretty old wooden chair where the dowel like supports (that go
between the legs) that help hold the legs together have come out of their
holes in the legs.

Very confused over what adhesive I should use when I push them back into
the holes.

Would you suggest an epoxy ?

Or, a "Hide Glue", or one of the Elmer's products, or... ?
Why ?

Thanks,
Bob

Don't mess with the epoxy - Its not necessary in this case. Hide glue is not
needed either, nor is the special chair doctor stuff that supposedly swells
the wood.

If the pieces fit snugly, no not have failed glue on them then just use some
carpenters wood glue. The best brand is titebond but any yellow wood glue
will be fine. If these are truly valuable antiques or something then I would
enlist a conservator to make the repair.