Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Furnace pilot light keeps going off

Sounds like the main burner flame is blowing out the pilot. Call someone who
really knows what he's doing, and isn't just a parts changer, before you
hurt yourself or your family.

"paaji" wrote in message
oups.com...
Since yesterday Pilot light in furnace was out so i went out bought
thermocouple and replaced it. I wasn't able to light up pilot light
after so many tries I held i down for 15 minutes. Finally it woked and
remains lit. But when I turn on the thermostat(manual) not automatic it
remains on then goes off. Also other thing i noticed it if put the
thermostat to max pilot goes out right away. Could it be Thermostat or
something else? Thanks