Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

Default Disconnecting gas cooker

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 00:02:49 +0000, F wrote:

|We need to disconnect my father's gas cooker to ensure he can't use it -
|turn gas on and forget to light it scenario.
|
|Is it acceptable to simply disconnect the flexible hose? Is the fitting
|it connects to sufficiently gas tight over time?

Could you not replace the gas cooker with a new one with Flame Failure
Devices fitted? I have them in the caravan and they seem very fool
proof.

If he's forgetting to light the gas he's probably in danger of setting his
sleeves etc on fire with a naked flame. An electric cooker might be a lot
safer in the long run (or meals on wheels).