Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Dingley

Default Toolmakers Cabinet Lock

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 03:40:30 +0000 (UTC), "Hushup"
wrote:

I have a Moore &Wright Wooden Engineering Toolmakers Cabinet and I need to
buy a new lock for it. Can anyone suggest a place where I might buy on.

Almost anywhere, from local hardware shops upwards. Isaac Lord (webbed)
or Craft Supplies are obvious UK suppliers for small cabinetry like
this.

If it's like the usual pattern then it's just a simple drawer lock,
nothing magic. These are easier to find and fit than box locks as they
don't have such a complex keeper plate and are less fussy about fit.

The other alternative is to use the lock it already has. They're easy to
cut a key for, if you don't have the old one.

OTOH, just ignore the lock entirely. I have two similar cabinets and
I've never locked either. It's my workshop though.