Posted to rec.woodworking
John Eppley

Default Veneering both sides of plywood ??

About 100 million square feet of MDF, chipboard and ply are laminated each
year with some form of plastic laminate and used as kitchen countertops.
Needless to say, this is an accepted standard without question. In most
cases the glue being used is some form of contact cement and would not add
significant moisture to the sandwich.

Since I am about to start some serious veneering projects (amateur at best)
I would like to understand the pros and cons of the process. I am
considering applying several different wood veneers (homemade) to1/2 inch
apple ply and using it as a decorative top to a small table. (16" x 18"). I
have not decided on the adhesive....contact vs yellow. Advantages to both,
with size of the project being one major factor.