Posted to rec.woodworking
John Eppley

Default Veneering both sides of plywood ??

Most articles and TV woodworking shows insist that you MUST laminate both
sides of any material when you laminate. What is the rationale for
laminating BOTH sides of plywood? If I am using Baltic ply (or apple ply)
and I apply a thin (1/8"-1/4") veneer to only one side only, what damage
could arise. How does a sheet of 13 ply Baltic know another ply has been
attached.??

30-40 years ago we were able to purchase "lumber core" plywood. Certainly a
lumber core construction would require that both sides be laminated for
obvious reasons.

John