Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.machines.cnc
Tom Gardner

Default Running hydraulic pumps backwards?

I'll bet there IS an arrow, took me an hour to find one once. You won't
hurt it with a quick test but don't run it bakwards for long, that
would...suck!

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message
Awl--

Ahm about to hook up a very bad-assed Kalamazoo automatic horz'l cutoff
saw.
Ahm doin my best not to burn it up/down (which would make *three* in a
goddamm row...), but I don't have a way of predetermining rotation on the
pump.
The saw motor used to be a "reference", but numbers came off the wiring,
and that reference is lost. IOW, even if the saw motor spins right, the
pump could still spin wrong.

How bad is that to do, momentarily? Can I get away with it, ie verify
pump direction w/ the pressure gauge?

As a pita alternative, I could disconnect the lovejoy coupling, and look
at just the motor spinning, IF I knew what direction the pump head should
turn.
I looked for the arrow on the head, but did not see it. I know the high
and low side of the pump head--is there a std rotation direction between
the two?

Iny idears??

I'm tryna get this thing going *tonite*, as I got some peeps comin over
tomorrow, who I would like to see turn green w/ envy....
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll