Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default 3 pass vs conventional boilers

Which boiler are you asking is better?
Which boiler are you calling "conventional"?
Which boilers are they getting excited about?
It's possible for the average home owner to clean his own boiler. It's not
possible for him to adjust it without proper training. New boilers don't
require as much cleaning, but the adjustments should be checked every year.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank-you. But are they really that much better? I know the 3 pass
are easier to clean, but do conventional boilers really lose that much
efficiency if maintained yearly? I can't really get excited about a
boiler that is 2% more efficient. Why are HVAC guys so excited about
these? Also, is it possible for a homeowner to clean a boiler? Where
can I find info on this?

Thanks.