Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default Plans for a range/shooting box?

Wed, Jan 25, 2006, 12:56am (EST+5) (Roy) now doth
sayeth:
Thanks for the links, JOAT.
Here's the single link for plans I found snip
Yep, posted to alt.rec.guns and rec.guns separately. Seems the Houston
RR system has eliminated crossposting to any groups in the same
message.snip Sorry, gone OT here.

Looks like the plans the NRA put out years back. Of course, you
could make it longer for a rifle. Probably only be good for one at a
time tho. This wouldn't be bad for a gun chest.
http://www.angelfire.com/wy/svenskil.../vikchest.html I think
one or two, and use something like the covered wagaon plans for haulng
aroud. You could always make a standing rack in it.

Not crossposting is good. I think they should make smacking the
hand with a ball bat punishment for crossposting.

Something off-topic IN a post, no prob. It's polite to label any
off-topic post as OT tho. Of course, none of this applies to all the
sad little trolls. They figure they're immune from all rules and
convention. Anyway, going OT in a thread, often leads to some of the
best threads.

If all you want is something with the rifles standing upright, I'd
possibly like something like a large powerwheel, and power it. That'd
give you a place to sit.

If I can ever justify sparing the money for a barrel, I'd like to
start on making a BFG, one cartridge, and one muzzleloading. I've got
me an Atlas lathe I bought new about 30-35 years ago, and it's never
been uncrated.

JOAT
You only need two tools: WD-40, and duct tape. If it doesn't move and
it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.