Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington

Default Metal cutting bandsaw blades

I would try http://www.accurate-cutting.co.uk/blades_doall.htm as that
seems to be what they do, weld blades to spec. I found them from a
search. Also I rechecked the details and the the 5' 4.5" is actually
1640 ish so must have misread somehow.

ronpriest wrote:

Yes Dave the nominal blade size is 1700mm I can get 1715mm for wood
from most
anywhere its quite a common size but cant seem to find any metal
cutting blades this size
Ive a job to do which involves cutting some 1/2 alum plate been advised
to try 6-10 TPI wood blades however I tried a brand new 14 TPI wood
blade last night this lasted for 3 or 4 straight cuts then the cut was
like spagetti junction.So i would rather get the tool for the job .The
ajustment range is not enough for 1615mm and I can see that this is a
common size for metal cutting from your web links. Think I will have to
find somewhere that will make half a dozen up for me.
Ron