Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons

Default Metal cutting bandsaw blades

In article .com,
says...
Hello
This is my First post to this group so I hope I am asking in the right
place,
And do excuse me if this question has been raised before.
Can anyone help me locate a source of Metal cutting bandsaw blades in
the UK at a resonable price.
I am looking for length: 1715mm :width 1/2 inch 14TPI .I have a need to
cut some 1/2 thick
aluminium plate any advise on this would be welcome .

A 6TPI hook tooth blade as used for wood will work much better. The
14TPI blade will clog very easily cutting aluminum. Run the saw around
1500-2500 FPM if you can. If the alloy you're cutting is one of the
gummier types, some stick wax applied to the blade will prevent the
chips sticking to the blade and improve surface finish.

Here in the states most any small city will have a "saw shop" that will
weld blades to any length from roll stock. The blade you described would
run less than $10.

Ned Simmons