Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ziggur

Default How do I know it's Argon filled glass?

In article ,
says...

When the windows were installed in my new house all the the windows came
with a sticker advertising that they were argon filled which is what I
ordered and cost more. All the windows except a window at the front of
the house that needed supports to be put in before the joiners could
come back and measure up. When the new window arrived I noticed that
there was no "argon" stickers on the glass. Is there any way of telling
what the gap is filled with, I assume if I ask the company who made them
they'll say it's whatever I ordered??

--
Fatboise

1. As others have said - no easy method of checking.

2. The units will not be argon "filled" anyway. The
injection process does not remove all the air from the
unit so it contains air and argon.

3. A change of curtain material would have more effect
on heat transfer than the difference between air and
argon (not)filled units.

--
Ziggur

"S'ils te mordent, mords-les"