Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

Default How hard to replace bathtub?

lid (julvr) wrote in
:

How hard is it to replace a bathtub?

I am replacing the walls in the bath area,

That's the -best- time to do it!
It allows for getting the old tub out and the new one in much easier than
if you're trying to keep the walls "intact".Especially if the toilet or
something else is next to the tub.

and SWMBO wants me to
replace the bathtub while I'm at it. Unfortunately, I am very short
of time and money (more money than time), but if it's possible to
replace the bathtub in say a day, then now would be the time to do
it. At the same time, I'm not really ready for a new major
undertaking.

I'm fairly handy. I can plumb copper pipes, but I've never tackled a
bathroom before.

Any advise or information is greatly appreciated.

John

Go to Home Depot and look at the tubs there,you'll get an idea of what's
involved. As long as the drain is in the same place,it would not involve
any plumbing.(IF the tub spout is above the tub,coming out of the wall).

Take the SWMBO,shop for prices and styles.
You can even talk to one of their people about it,face-to-face.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik